12 Computer Programs, Websites And Apps For Making Social Stories
For many children with special needs social stories are very helpful for staying on task and ensuring that the child is prepared for future events and activities.Social Stories can:
- Improve a child's behavior when there are changes in routines.
- Encourage a child to complete less-preferred tasks.
- Reinforce or teach abstract concepts, such as time (e.g., next, later), actions, and prepositions (e.g., open, put in,)
- Break down multi-step tasks into smaller, more manageable parts.
- Increase your child’s independence by improving his ability to complete parts of his routine with less help or prompting.