Extreme Makeover Special Needs Edition: Part Two
A few months ago we shared Liliya’s Story with you.
In short, Liliya Bromberg is a 21 year old girl with Cerebral Palsy. Liliya lives in a small one-bedroom apartment with her parents.
As any young woman would want, Liliya desperately needs friends and independence.
For years Friendship Circle had been providing friends for individuals with special needs. Friendship Circle matches over 400 teens with children and young adults who have special needs. Together they participate in various programs and home visits. The volunteers provide social interactions, friendships and much much more.
Friendship Circle has been providing Liliya with friends for over 10 years. Every day, one or two girls visit and spend one or two hours together. Some volunteers go bowling with her, others go out for pizza, play games or just talk about life.
Recently the Brombergs received the devastating news that Liliya had been diagnosed with hepatocellular carcinoma. Liliya was now dealing with two huge challenges in her life. More than ever she needed her own space and independence.
At this point Bassie Shemtov Friendship Circle’s director rallied the troops and started working on a plan… To provide Liliya with her own studio apartment. Watch the video below to see the amazing and emotional end result.
The Big Reveal In Pictures
You can read the full article at WXYZ Action News
A special thank you to all who participated in making this special project happen!
- Sheldon Yellen/ Belfor USA
- Mike Barnett of Belfor USA
- Shari Stein of Partners in Design Inc.
- Harold Remlinger of Remlinger Architekts
- Matt Lester of Princeton Management
- Ashley Oleshansky of Princeton Management
- Channel 7 WXYZ-TV
- LaFontaine Automotive Group
- Believe In Miracles
- American Interiors, Wixom, Michigan
- California Closets, Michigan
- Ciot Tile and Granite
- Home Depot, Farmington Hills
- Gabriella Burman Kaplan
- Huntington Technology, Inc.
- Ledbetter Design
- Millennium Cabinetry, Farmington, Michigan
- Modern Millwork
- SCI Flooring
- Shaw Industries
- Dan & Jennifer Gilbert
- Marcia Stein, Artist from Santa Cruz, California
- Ken Goss of Specialties Showroom
- Diversified Restaurant Holdings
- Neil and Stacey Weissman
- Gorman’s Furniture
- Mitchell & Michelle Bleznak
- Harold & Penny Blumentstein
- Avi & Beth Brandvain
- Easton & Linday Kay Brodsky
- Judge Avern & Lois Cohn
- Mushky Duchman
- Matthew & Maggie Egrin
- Alon & Shari Kaufman
- Lisa Fenkell
- Jeffrey & Laurie Fischgrund
- Samuel & Mindy Herman
- Jeffrey & Marjorie Loeb
- M. Jacob & Sons
- Kurt McNeil
- Mildred Moss
- Bill & Natalie Newman
- David W Potts
- Ron & Nancy REchter
- Richard Ruby
- M.J. & Annette Sack
- Patrick & Kathryn Tooman
- Dakota Alert
- And all those who participated in Hoops4Liliya