14 iPad cases for your child with special needs
You just invested in a shiny new iPad for you child with special needs. Next, you lay out some more money to purchase a few communication apps, install them and your child is off and running with a $500 piece of equipment. Minutes later you see the iPad less bounce its way down those beautiful wooden stairs of yours…
And then you woke up from your nightmare.
You were smart enough to purchase a protective case for the iPad. Your child gets to develop communication and social skills while dad becomes an Angry Birds champion.
Make sure you don’t have an iPad nightmare…
13 14 great cases that will protect your iPad investment!
- Dual amplified speakers to enhance the volume of the iPad2
- Carrying handle and carry strap
- Covers for the Home button
- Plastic stand
- LCD Screen guard included
- Wheelchair mount (optional)
- A Display shield deflects wind and rain.
- A rigid internal frame protects against shocks and drops.
- Sealed ports that block blown sand and dust
- Silicone padding that stops vibration.
- A multi-position workstand is included.
Reviews: 168 – 4.5 Stars
- Constructed from impact-resistant polycarbonate.
- Corners feature double-thick silicone for outstanding protection against drops and other impacts.
- Screen protector shields the device from fingerprints, smudges, scratches and moisture.
- Headphone jack and connector port are fully covered when not in use.
- Comes with a convenient belt clip
Reviews: 10 – 4 Stars
Shock absorption, drop protection, extreme ruggedness and hard-core readiness for all adventures, the Drop Tech Series iPad 2 Case specifically conforms to the shape of the iPad 2 and offers multiple layers of protection. This iPad 2 case features a uniquely replaceable, snap-on integrated screen for maximum protection.
Reviews: 253 – 4.5 Stars
- Comes in Peacock, Lime and Mango
- Lightweight foam protection with plenty of personality.
- Fits both iPad and iPad 2
Reviews: 18 – 4 Stars
Big Grips Frame doubles as a screen holder and iPad protector. Big Grips snugly hugs and cradles your iPad2 and the thick material is easy for children with special needs to handle. The only drawbacks of this case is its bulkiness and lack of access to he headphone and input jacks.
Reviews: 18 – 4 Stars
iBallz is a shock-absorbing harness for the iPad. Four shock-absorbing balls fit over the corners of your iPad and are held in place by an adjustable elastic cord. Easy to attach and remove, iBallz provide ultimate drop protection without adding weight or concealing your iPad. Dropped from any angle, it never touches the floor and is elevated above spills and sticky surfaces.
Reviews: 10 – 4 Stars
- Form-fitting silicone provides precise fit and protection
- Air-filled chambers deliver unique cushioning
- Full access to all audio outputs and Multi-touch display
Reviews: 25 – 4.5 Stars
- High-quality polycarbonate shell with durable silicone skin
- Complete interaction of the iPad’s functions
- Clip-on touch screen cover with fold-out stand included
- Provides added protection against bump, shock, drop and dust intrusion
Reviews: 378 – 3.5 Stars
The Ballistic SG Series case offers three layers of protection. Using a combination of soft Thermoplastic polyurethanes, tough impact resistant polycarbonate and soft silicone the Ballistic Tough Jacket offers three levels of protection. The Tough Jacket also has a kickstand that can be used to place the iPad on a table.
Consider it a pillow for your iPad. The CushPad is a cushion that has been precisely shaped to comfortably and securely hold an iPad 2 on uneven or unstable surfaces like a couch, bed, seat-tray table on a plane, or your lap.
- Allows for vertical orientation
- Inner and outer non-slip prints to prevent sliding on smooth surfaces
- A heavy-duty nylon handle
- A removable and washable cover — great for kids!
The SuperShell is made from ultra-protective closed-cell foam that helps absorb shocks if the iPad is dropped. The case wraps around the iPad and provides access to the rear facing camera and speaker, with push buttons for volume and power. The finely dimpled texture and ridges create an easy, handheld grip while the thick, high-impact corners provide maximum protection.
- Perfect for making your iPad 2 water resistant, dustproof, fingerprint resistant, and protected from stains
- Keeps your iPad 2 safe and dry using a soft and stretchy thermoplastic polyurethane cover
- Perfect for going to the beach, fishing, or enjoying your favorite winter sports
ZAGG’s invisible SHIELD uses military technology to develop this super thin screen cover. The Shield is only .2 millimeters thick and applies directly to your Apple iPad providing a tough durable cover. The ZAGG invisable sheild comes with a lifetime guarantee. And if you ever need to remove the invisibleSHIELD, it comes off clean and leaves no sticky residue.
Reviews: 82 – 3 Stars
More Cases Here
If you want to do some of your own resarch on iPad cases check out: