Do You Have Your Access Pass Yet?
What is the Access Pass?
- The National Park Service (includes all National Parks, National Monuments, National Historic Sites and more)
- USDA Forest Service
- Fish and Wildlife Service
- Bureau of Reclamation
- Bureau of Land Management
Who is eligible?
- Statement by a licensed physician
- Document issued by Federal agency such as the Veteran's Administration, Social Security Disability Income, or Supplemental Security Income
- Document issued by a State agency such as a vocational rehabilitation agency.
I requested a letter from my son’s physician for the application. The letter does not have to be complicated. This was the letter template that I suggested to the physician:
“To the United States Geological Survey office:
My patient, Name, has a medical diagnosis of ______. This a permanent physical/sensory/mental impairment that limits his/her life activities. She/he is therefore eligible for the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Access Pass.