Friendship Circle invites you to a community-wide open house at the Farber Center. Bring your friends and family for a tour of the Farber Center, Dresner Foundation Soul Studios, gallery and Soul Cafe.
The DetailsDate: Sunday, June 5th
Time: Between 12:00-3:00pm
Location: Farber Center: 5586 Drake Road in West Bloomfield
(Corner of Drake and Walnut Lake Roads)
- Watch the artists at work.
- Watch a T-shirt silk screening demonstration.
- Purchase a personalized key chain made on the laser cutter.
- Participate in arts & crafts activity
- Enjoy cotton candy, popcorn, and Sno Cones courtesy of Detroit Popcorn Company
Lunch Menu:The Cafe will be open for lunch during the open house By Reservation Only.
View Soul Cafe’s full menu here.
To make a reservation please call (248) 788-7400 .
If you do not have a reservation you can purchase lunch from Soul Cafe’s Takeout Menu that will be available in the banquet hall.
- Quinoa Beet Salad $7 Candied pecans, pickled onion, maple balsamic vinaigrette
- Ancient Grain Salad $7
- Butternut squash, dates, seeds, caramelized onion, silan vinaigrette
- Grilled Cheese $5
- Tuna Sandwich, lettuce, tomato $5
- Mac and Cheese $5
- Housemade Fries $4
- Granola Bar $3
- Large Chocolate Chip Cookie $2
- Fruit Cup $4
- Vitamin Water $3
- Soda Can $2
- Water $1
- Juice Box $1
Fill out my online form.
- Potato Chips $1
Sunday, June 5th, 2016
Monday, June 6th, 2016
5586 Drake Rd,
The Inspiration Behind Farber Center
Friendship Circle, blessed by the warm embrace and generous support of the community, now operates a widely emulated, state-of-the-art educational & activity center. Friendship Circle has now over 700 teen and adult volunteers and serves thousands of families with children who have special needs.
Upon graduation from Friendship Circle programming, many adults with challenges find themselves socially isolated - without an outlet or employment. The Farber Center is home to the Dresner Foundation Soul Studio and Soul Cafe, which provide a loving and inclusive environment for artistic self-expression, vocational training, and employment opportunities.