5 things to know about the 2018 Walk4Friendship
The 13th annual Walk4Friendship is set for this Sunday, Sept. 2, 2018. Here are 5 things you need to know about this year’s can’t-miss Friendship Circle fundraiser:
1. THE ROUTE
This year’s route is 1.4 miles and will start at the West Bloomfield Township Hall, 4550 Walnut Lake Road, and end at Friendship Circle’s Farber Center, 5586 Drake Road.
Registration and T-shirt pickup will begin at 10:30 a.m. and the opening ceremony will start at 11:30 a.m. The walk will kick off at 11:45 a.m. Festivities at the finish line will run from noon-3 p.m.
2. WHERE TO PARK?
All parking will be at Temple Israel, 5725 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield. We strongly suggest you arrive at the Temple Israel parking lot by 10:30 a.m. to ensure you don’t miss the opening ceremony. If you arrive between 11:15 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., you will need to park at the Jewish Community Center, 6600 West Maple Road (south side of the Berman Theater lot). If you arrive after 12:30, you may resume parking at Temple Israel as usual.
Wheelchair accessible parking: Wheelchair accessible parking is available at Temple Israel. There is a wheelchair equipped shuttle to opening ceremonies. Please let the parking attendant know that you need wheelchair accessible parking when you arrive. Valet golf-cart service is available from the Farber Center to Temple Israel for those who need it.
3. CONVENIENT SHUTTLES AVAILABLE
To the opening ceremony: Shuttles will transport participants from Temple Israel to the township hall starting at 9:30 a.m. and will run regularly until 11:15 a.m.
To the Farber Center from the opening ceremonies: Fifteen minutes after the walk begins, supporters who prefer not to walk can take a shuttle directly to the Farber Center, where they can cheer on family and friends!
To the Farber Center from the JCC parking lot: Shuttles from the JCC will begin at 11:45 and dropping supporters off at the All Seasons complex, which is a short walk from the Farber Center.
NOTE: All those who do not require wheelchair accessible accommodations will need to walk back to the Temple Israel lot when the event concludes. There will be no shuttles. It’s a five-minute walk from the Farber Center.
4. UNFORGETTABLE ENTERTAINMENT
The Walk4Friendship promises plenty of fun for the entire family. Entertainment offerings include:
- A cappella singing group, The Maccabeats, will perform a full concert for participants, using nothing more than the human voice, a clean-cut presentation, and a little Jewish humor.
- Renowned Ann Arbor-based chalk artist David Zinn will create amazing 3-D street art right before your eyes, alongside talented Soul Studio artists with special needs.
- A new, interactive inflatable game called ‘Hippo Chow Down’ will keep everyone of all ages entertained.
- Practice your aim at the giant inflatable soccer darts.
- A Segway obstacle course to test your skills.
- Bounce houses and an inflatable sports arena featuring the most popular games.
5. COME HUNGRY!
There will be festival flavors galore, including:
- Fresh popcorn, snow cones and cotton candy from the famous Detroit Popcorn Co.
- Hot dogs with choice of toppings, coleslaw, vegetarian chili and watermelon from Epic Kosher, all free of charge.
Don’t miss out! Register today!