Great Bike Giveaway Official Rules
Monday, February 29, 12:00 pm
Registration begins. Entrants can fill out their registration forms and collect ambassadors.
Friday, March 4, 11:59 am
Registration deadline, All entries must have their entry forms completed, photos uploaded and ambassadors collected. Any entry without the above completed will be disqualified and entrants from the waiting list will replace those that are disqualified.
Tuesday, March 8, 12:00 pm
Great Bike Giveaway Begins. Voting will start and donations will be accepted.
Wednesday, March 30, 12:00 pm
Contest closes. Voting will end all donations submitted after this time will go towards developing the Great Bike Giveaway in 2017.
Thursday, March 31, 12:00 pm
Great Bike Giveaway Drawing (If necessary)
Our goal is to give away 600 bikes to everyone who entered the contest. If we do not raise enough money to give every child a bike, a drawing will be held on March 31, and winners will be announced. The drawing date is tentative and subject to change).
*All times are Eastern Standard Time
- Registrants (beneficiary of the bikes may of course be younger) of The Great Bike Giveaway is open to legal residents of the the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
- Participation in the Great Bike Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these official rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these official rules and fulfilling all other requirements.
- Recipient of bike must be under the age of 30.
- Recipient of bike must have cognitive or physical special needs.
- In order to be eligible, the registration must be completed in its entirety and 10 ambassadors need to be recruited.
- Entry into the Great Bike Giveaway is limited to only one child per family.
- In order to qualify for the Great Bike Giveaway, you will need to complete two steps.
- Complete the contest registration form.
- Recruit 10 ambassadors to register as ambassadors on the Great Bike Giveaway site.
- Entry into the Great Bike Giveaway will be limited to the first 600 entrants who complete the registration form.
- After the first 600 registrations have been filled, a waiting list consisting of 200 slots will be opened.
- If entrants from the first 600 registrations do not recruit ambassadors in the 48 hours after registration, they will be disqualified.
- If registrant is disqualified, new registrants will be selected from the waitlist on a first come, first served basis.
- Registration will consist of a number of required fields and will include Parent Name (entrant), Child Name, Picture of Child and more required fields.
- During registration, you will have to select the bike your child needs.
- Photos must include a picture of your child with special needs.
- All registrations must be submitted via the official contest entry page. No email submissions will be accepted.
- Friendship Circle reserves the right to disqualify any registrant if the contest coordinator deems the entry or photo to be inappropriate or for any other reason that breaches the rules.
- Pictures can be digitally enhanced in such ways as cropping, adding contrast, brightness, sharpening, etc.
- Photos must be taken in landscape mode and not in portrait mode.
- By submitting a photo, parent or legal guardian grants Friendship Circle of Michigan the right to publish submitted photo, child’s name and any captions submitted on Friendship Circle’s website and/or marketing materials. Slight photo alterations may be made by our staff in order to fit our site or email newsletters properly.
- Only one submission per person. You are not allowed to submit an entry for more than one bike. For this reason make sure you browse through the available bikes to make sure you find the bike that is the right fit for your child.
- Once you have submitted your entry you will not be able to undo your submission in order to select a different bike. If you submitted a duplicate entry by mistake, please contact us immediately and we will remove one of the entries.
New for 2016, entrants will be required to recruit ambassadors in order to participate in the contest. An ambassador will have multiple roles. Some of the roles will include:
- Helping to raise money (and donating themselves) so more bikes can be given to children with special needs.
- Asking people to vote for a specific individual
- Spreading the word about the need for adaptive bikes and the Great Bike Giveaway via email and social media.
When selecting ambassadors, make sure to select individuals that:
- Are active on Facebook
- Are excited and willing to help you spread the word
- Are comfortable asking others to donate and vote for this important cause
- Have connections with media or influential people that can help raise money and awareness.
The voting contest will enable one registrant in each bike category with the most votes to automatically win their selected bike. This will be beneficial in the event that not enough money is raised to give every entrant a bike.
- In order to vote for an entrant, you will need to verify your identity by logging in with Facebook
- Votes are allowed by anyone over the age of 13
- You may vote for any number of contestants once throughout the contest (ex: you may vote for 50 different contestants one time each, but you may not vote for the same contestant 50 times)
- You can vote for contestants beginning on March 8 at 12:00 pm and ending on March 30 at 11:59 am
- Encourage all of your friends and family members to vote for your entry by sharing your entry via email and social media
- Votes may not be purchased: Any money, incentive or drawing offered in exchange for a vote will cause participant to be disqualified
- Vote rigging: Any code created to create easier or automatic voting will be grounds for disqualification
- Keep it civil. Please try to keep any negative thoughts to yourself. If you feel you have some valid concerns, please contact us.
- On each page, there is a space where individuals can donate money. Once $2,700 is raised, a bike will be added to the Great Bike Giveaway.
- Our goal is that enough money is raised to give away 600 adaptive bikes.
- In a situation where money was raised for a bike, but not enough was raised to add another bike, the money will go as a donation to help Friendship Circle develop and run the Great Bike Giveaway.
- Participants will also have the opportunity to donate $5 to Friendship Circle to help develop and run the Great Bike Giveaway.
- A small administrative fee of 8% of all donations will be used by Friendship Circle to cover a portion of the costs for creating, developing and marketing this contest. This amount will already be factored in to the total amount of the bike.
- Any donation that is received after the contest is over will be considered a donation develop and maintain the Great Bike Giveaway in 2017.
As stated previously, the goal of the Great Bike Giveaway is to give all 600 entrants into the Great Bike Giveaway an adaptive bike. In the event that enough money is not raised, there will be two ways to win an adaptive bike.
- A. Win By Most Votes
B. Win By Random Drawing
- All winners will be required to submit documentation and references that the bike winner has special needs.
- Upon delivery of bikes, winners are required to submit a photo & video of their child riding their new bike with a brief message about their new bike.
Winning By Most Votes
- The entrant with the most votes in each bike contest will win an adaptive bike outright
- Votes will be monitored and any irregularities will be grounds for disqualification.
- Any solicitation of votes considered to not be in the spirit of the contest will be cause for disqualification. Examples include offering payment or prizes for votes and vote trading.
Winning by Drawing (If Necessary)
- On March 31 or later, drawings will be held to determine the winners of the Great Bike Giveaway.
- You must have a minimum of 100 votes to qualify for the drawing.
- The total number of bikes being given away will be determined at the close of the contest. A minimum of 100 bikes will be given away in the drawing.
- Each of the winning entries will receive an adaptive bike.
Delivery Of The Prizes
- Winners of an adaptive bike will receive their bike within 6-18 weeks of the end of the contest
- Winners will not be charged for shipping, unless otherwise stated.
- Winners will be responsible for assembly of bikes unless otherwise stated.
- Winners in Alaska and Hawaii may be responsible for the cost of added shipping and delivery.
To view all the bikes available in the Great Bike Giveaway please visit out the bikes overview page
More Legal Stuff
This contest is void where prohibited by law. The contestants assume the total responsibility of knowing their local laws in regard to photo contests and are subject to any local, state, national or international laws. Friendship Circle accepts no responsibility for making these individual legal determinations.
Finalists are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the taxable value of their prize. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
Winners must verify that their child is under the age of 30 as well as verify that their submission is true.