Great Bike Giveaway Official Rules
February 10th 12:00 pm
Contest begins! Photo submissions will be accepted.
March 4th 11:59 am
Contest submission deadline, no entries will be accepted after this time.
Drawing (Drawing date is tentative and subject to change) Will be held and winners will be announced.
*All times are Eastern Standard Time
- Registrants (beneficiary of the bikes may of course be younger) of The Great Bike Giveaway is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
- Participation in the Great Bike Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these official rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these official rules and fulfilling all other requirements.
- Recipient of bike must be under the age of 30.
- Recipient of bike must have cognitive or physical special needs.
- In order to be eligible the registration must be completed in its entirety.
- Photos must include a picture of your child with special needs.
- Photos must be submitted between February 10th 12:00 pm and March 4th 11:59 am.
- All photos must be submitted via the official contest entry page. No email submissions will be accepted.
- Friendship Circle reserves the right to disqualify any picture if the contest coordinator deems it to be inappropriate, digitally altered or for any other reason that breaches the rules.
- Pictures can be digitally enhanced in such ways as cropping, adding contrast, brightness, sharpening etc.
- By submitting a photo, parent or legal guardian grants Friendship Circle of Michigan the right to publish submitted photo, child’s name, and any captions submitted on Friendship Circle’s website and/or marketing materials. Slight photo alterations may be made by our staff in order to fit our site or email newsletters properly.
- Only one submission per person. You are not allowed to submit an entry for more than one bike. For this reason make sure you browse through the available bikes to make sure you find the bike that is the right fit for your child.
- Once you have submitted your entry you will not be able to undo your submission in order to select a different bike. If you submitted a duplicate entry by mistake please contact us immediately and we will remove one of the entries
Nomination (Voting) Procedure
- In order to nominate an entrant you will need to verify your identity by logging in with Facebook or registering your email address.
- Nominations are allowed by anyone over the age of 12.
- You may nominate any number of submissions once each throughout the contest (ex: you may nominate 50 different submissions one time each, but you may not nominate the same submission 50 times).
- You can nominate submissions beginning on February 10 at 12:00 pm and ending on March 4 at 11:59 am.
- Encourage all of your friends and family members to nominate your submission by sharing your entry via email and social media.
- Nominations may not be purchased: Any money, incentive or drawing offered in exchange for a nomination will cause participant to be disqualified.
- Vote Rigging: Any code created to create easier or automatic voting will be grounds for disqualification
- Keep it civil. Please try to keep any negative thoughts to yourself. If you feel you have some valid concerns please contact us
Adding More Bikes To The Drawing Via Donations
- On each bike page there is a space where individuals can donate money. The money raised will be put towards adding another bike of the same type to that drawing.
- You will notice that the amounts needed to add another bike vary from page to page. This is due to the fact that some bikes are more expensive than others.
- In a situation where money was raised for a bike but not enough was raised to add another bike, the money will go as a donation to help Friendship Circle develop and run the Great Bike Giveaway.
- Participants will also have the opportunity to donate $5 to Friendship Circle to help develop and run the Great Bike Giveaway.
- A small administrative fee of 8% of all donations will be used by Friendship Circle to cover a portion of the costs for creating, developing and marketing this contest. This amount will already be factored in to the total amount of the bike.
- Any individual that resides in the U.S. who donates $100 or more will receive a limited edition Great Bike Giveaway t-shirt.
- Any donation that is received after the contest is over will be considered a donation to Friendship Circle to use at its own discretion.
- 1. There are two ways to win the Great Bike Giveaway:
- A. Win By Most Nominations
- B. Win By Random Drawing
- All winners will be required to submit documentation and references that the bike winner has special needs.
- Upon delivery of bikes, winners are required to submit a photo of their child riding their new bike with a brief message about their new bike.
Winning By Most Nominations
- The entrant with the most nominations in each bike contest will win an adaptive bike outright
- Nominations will be monitored and any irregularities will be grounds for disqualification.
- Any solicitation of nominations considered to not be in the spirit of the contest will be cause for disqualification. Examples include offering payment or prizes for nominations and vote trading.
Winning by Drawing
- On March 5th or later drawings will be held to determine the winners of the Great Bike Giveaway.
- You must have 50 nominations to qualify for the drawing.
- The total number of bikes being given away will be determined at the close of the contest. A minimum of 20 bikes will be given away in the drawing
- Each of the winning entries will receive an adaptive bike.
Delivery Of The Prizes
- Winners of an adaptive bike will receive their bike within 6-12 weeks of the end of the contest
- Winners will not be charged for shipping, unless otherwise stated.
- Winners will be responsible for assembly of bikes unless otherwise stated.
Prizes In The DrawingBuddy Bike Sport 27 for an additional cost.
Two or more Flaghouse Port-O-Trikes will be given away. Minimal assembly required.
Two or more Mobo Triton Cruisers will be given away. Free Shipping will be provided.
Two or more Rifton Adaptive Tricycles in your choice of color and size. Winners can choose additional accessories based on need.
At least two Strae Cycles will be given away. Winners will be able to choose between the Grizzly and Valor Models. A number of accessories will be available at no extra charge. Free Shipping included.
Two or more Triaid Bikes will be given away. Winner can choose between the Triaid Terrier or the Triaid TMX. Prize includes free shipping, Back Trunk Support, Foot Sandals with Pulley system.
Two or more DUET Economy 3 Speed Tandem Bikes will be given away. Prize includes free shipping, Alloy Luggage Rack, Foldable Seat, 90mm Twin Drum Brakes on Wheelchair, Coaster Brakes, Wheelchair Parking Brake, Adjustable Lap Belt, Adjustable Handlebars,Removable & Washable Seat Cushions.
More Legal Stuff
This contest is void where prohibited by law. The contestants assume the total responsibility of knowing their local laws in regard to photo contests and are subject to any local, state, national or international laws. Friendship Circle accepts no responsibility for making these individual legal determinations.
Finalists are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the taxable value of their prize. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value.Winners must verify that their child is under the age of 30 as well as verify that their submission is true.